Simple Chicken Parmesan Skinny
A simple week night dinner from Gina’s Skinny Recipes, LOVE HER!
See the original recipe on her site, she calls it Baked Chicken Parmesan. I adapted it a little bit.
- 2 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used italian white breadcrumbs since I was too lazy to make whole wheat, make sure to add seasonings if you have plain bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Fresh is always better!)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (2% shredded worked well)
- 1 cup marinara (We skipped this, but I think it would have been nice)
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Create parmesan and breadcrumb mixture.
4. cover in melted butter with a brush (that's what i liked about his recipe, not egg concoction to make.)
6. Spray with some cooking spray, and bake for 20 minutes.
A's not a tomato sauce kinda guy so I skipped that, it was still good without it.