HK Skinny Chicken Taquitos
Hungry Girl introduced me to the the wonder of Won-Ton wrappers for a low cal and low fat crispy crunch, then I discovered their big brother egg roll wrappers, more crisp for less annoying rolling. Egg roll wrappers way less cal and fat than the traditional fried tortillas. These were an idea that worked out super well and will definitely enter our dinner rotation!
- 4 Chicken Breasts (This will leave you lots of leftovers to freeze or use in other dishes, it tastes amazing! I made the taquitos pictured and still have 28 oz of chicken left!)
- 16 oz Jar of Salsa
- Taco Seasoning Packet
- Egg Roll Wrappers (Find near the Tofu, even Super Wal-mart carries them, they freeze and thaw well too).
- 2% Cheese
- Dump salsa and taco seasoning into your crockpot and mix, add chicken. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken in your crockpot with two forks, stirring to help it absorb any of the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Build your taquito with egg roll wrapper, shredded chicken, and a sprinkle of cheese. Dip your finger in water and run it along the far end of the egg roll wrapper. This helps seal the wrapper.
- If you want skinnier taquitos you can cut your egg roll wrappers in half.
- Spray tops of taquitos well with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
My estimated nutrition using my ingredients for a serving of 3 taquitos. (Not positive that 4 oz of chicken for 3 is accurate though, forgot to measure).
|Nasoya - Egg Roll Wrappers, 3 wrappers||170||1||35||7||1||1|
|Chicken Breast - Great Value, 4 oz breast (112g)||100||3||0||20||0||0|
|Great Value (Bb) - Mild Chunky Salsa, 5 tbsp||25||0||5||0||2||5|
|Aldi - Fit & Active - 2% Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese, 1/4 cup||80||6||1||7||0||0|