Amazing Apple Pie
This is my rendition of Pioneer Woman's Dreamy Apple Pie, and it is divine.
- 1 whole Unbaked Pie Crust (I used frozen deep dish, me and pie crust aren't friends yet)
- 3 whole Large (4 Or 5 Small) Granny Smith Apples, Peeled, Cored, And Sliced Thin (Go with three unless they are really tiny, I always had enough left over to as a mini bake, or to make a second pie)
- ½ cups Brown Sugar (Learn to make your own, with this post )
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (If you get the big carton you can make homemade whipped cream too, or Pioneer Woman's Hard Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoons Cinnamon
- 7 Tablespoons Butter
- ¾ cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ cups Brown Sugar
- ¼ cups Pecans (more To Taste)
- Dash Of Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough and place it in a pie pan. Decorate the edges as desired. (Or just pull it out of the freezer!)
- Add apple slices to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together cream, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over apples. Pour apples into pie shell.
- In the bowl of a food processor (or you can mix by hand) combine butter, flour, sugar, pecans (chop if you’re not using a food processor), and salt. Mix until everything comes together in clumps. Pour topping over apples. (I don't have a food processor, the magic bullet was a failure, so I used my pastry blender)
- Attach foil to the edges and lay a piece of flat foil loosely over the top of the pie. Place pie pan on top of a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for one hour. At the end, remove foil and allow to finish baking and browning. Can bake for up to 15 or 20 minutes more if necessary. (They need a coat for the oven)
- Remove from oven when pie is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve warm with hard sauce, whipped cream, or ice cream.
I tried a bunch of methods over the 3 times I've made this. I found this used as a decorative object in my mom's kitchen, I eventually got it working and it was good at peeling, then I used my Christmas present chopper (W-S and sooo amazing) , to quarter then, slice the apples into nice thin slices.
The topping blended and ready to sprinkle on top.