You know my hanging headband organizer?? Still one of my most popular posts, and I’ve sold 35 of them online!
It works awesome!
To make your own, follow the Hanging Headband Organizer tutorial but make it 4 feet long rather than door length.
You can also adjust the size of your loops to fit your scarf collection.
These are my guidelines:
For Silk Scarves and Ties:
- The top third has loops spaced every one inch. (Perfect for sashes)
- The middle third has loops spaced every 1.5 inches. (Perfect for squares)
- The bottom third has loops space every 2 inches. (Perfect for wider silk scarves)
For Knit Scarves:
- The top third has loops spaced every 2 inches. (For the thin cottony kind)
- The middle third has loops spaced every 2.5 inches. (For the thicker knits)
- The bottom third has loops space every 3 inches. (For the chunky knits)
The bottom elastic isn’t as needed in the scarf holder. Hang with an over the door hook or a 3M command hook.
Gotta love vertical storage solutions!
Here’s how to use it:
If you love the idea but don’t sew I try and keep them stocked in my shop or email me and I’ll make you a custom one.