HK Series - Senior Sleepover - Spaghetti Sauce de Pioneer Woman
Not much to go along with this recipe except that this sauce was easy to make and combine with easy frozen meatballs.
Just two photos of this since I was a little busy at the time.
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe from Ree at the Pioneer Woman Cooks!
Amount photographed is a doubled batched.
- 1 whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole (28-ounce) Can Whole Tomatoes
- 1 whole 28 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ cups White Or Red Wine (optional)
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cups Flat-leaf Parsley, Minced
- 8 whole Fresh Basil Leaves, Chiffonade (optional) I skipped this
Preparation InstructionsIn a large pot with olive oil add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes, or until translucent. Pour in whole tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and wine, if using. Add salt, pepper, sugar, and parsley. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, stirring very gently a couple of times during the simmer.
Just before serving, stir in basil if using.
Serve over cooked spaghetti. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan.