Summer Corn Salad - HK Original Recipe
Corn is my favorite vegetable. Well ok I guess it shares the top spot with potato. Why do I love the two veggies that aren't that good for you really? Ugh at least broccoli is another love of mine.
Anyways I was so excited to discover this whole new world of summer salads when I found this recipe. A little playing and now I've invented my own, enjoy. (Even better Andrew likes mine better!)
Hello Kirsti's Summer Corn SaladServes 4
- 2 ears of fresh corn on the cob (you can thaw frozen but it's just not the same)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 a cup of light sour cream
- 1/2 a green pepper chopped
- 1/2 a small red onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon-ish Seasoning salt (I used Loveless Cafe's Seasoning Salt, it's magical)
- Cut your corn off the cob. (Tip- do this in a tall mixing bowl, and your kitchen won't be covered in yellow confetti, if you're using a melamine one be careful with your knife nicking it.)
- Combine your chopped veggies in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the sour cream, Worcestershire, and salt.
- Add veggies to the sour cream bowl and stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours, so that magical melding can happen.