Vineyard Picnic Perfect Dips
Last weekend Andrew’s band The Centennial Hiptet played a gig at Arrington Vineyards (Kix Brooks’ Vineyard) so I packed up some Sodastream and made these tasty dips for us to munch on. You can’t see him in the picture since he’s their drummer. They traveled well and were a hit! Both recipes make a pretty hardy ‘party portion’ so I’d start there before doubling them if you’re hosting.
Preppy Pink Crocodile's Black Bean and Artichoke Dip (The Tasty Healthy One)
- 1 can black beans with their bean juice
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbs. vinegar (I used apple cider like KK did)
- 1-3 tbs. EVOO to taste (I only used 1)
- Salt and pepper to taste
So tasty and easy, and less guilt!
Jalapeno Ranch Dip – A Chuy’s Copycat (The Tasty ‘bad’ One) (Adapted from this recipe)
- 1 1/3 Cups Duke’s Regular Mayo
- 1/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Baby Can of chopped jalapenos, drained fairly well
- 1/4 Cup Salsa Verde/Tomatillo Salsa
- Cilantro to your tastes (I used 4 cubes of the Trader Joe’s Frozen kind since I was short on time).
- 1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (Or make the equivalent via a Pinterest Recipe).
P.S. If you are in the Nashville area and enjoy live jazz, The Centennial Hiptet plays free events throughout the year, I’d love to meet some bloggy friends too! They will be back at Arrington on November 17th and 30th.
This post is partying here.